Matcha Chia Seed Pudding
Chia pudding is a tasty way to get a large dose of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, which gives the skin a healthy glow.
For the pudding:
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) chia seeds
- 1 cup (250 ml) non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 to 3 teaspoons (7 to 15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon matcha
- fresh or frozen fruit of your choice (I love blueberries, but fresh peaches are amazing)
- Pecans, walnuts, coconut shavings or granola
Putting it all together:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chia seeds, milk, vanilla, matcha and maple syrup. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 3 hours to thicken.
- Serve the thickened, chilled pudding, in a parfait glasses, alternating it with layers of fruit and granola. Or place in a small bowl and layer with fruit and granola.
- while this recipe focuses on having a chia pudding for breakfast, it makes an amazing dessert! Replace the milk with a canned coconut milk for a thicker, creamier taste, and top with peaches for an amazing after dinner dessert.