Rooibos Herbal Tea
Rooibos is not actually a tea but a herbal bush plant that is found in South Africa, therefore you can enjoy this refreshing beverage all day long with no caffeine side affects, as this herb is absolutely free of caffeine.
The health benefits of red rooibos are abundant. This form of herbal tea has traditionally been popular due to its great taste and unique red colour, while boosting the health of the body. Health benefits have been linked to relieving:
- bone weakness
- cardiovascular health
- and yes - premature aging!
Drinking Rooibos can further ease severe stomach cramps, and boost the immume system.
According to organicfacts.net, Rooibos' medicinal attributes have been confirmed by the US Department of Agriculture in Washington, DC, which has affirmed that red rooibos tea is capable of reducing cancer, heart disease, premature aging and other serious conditions.
Red Rooibos tea has no oxalic acid and therefore, it can be consumed by people who have kidney stones. Rooibos tea is richin many minerals such as:
Health Issues / Benefits
Red Rooibos herbal tea is one of the best health drinks for those who care about their health and fitness. Some of the benefits that have been positively correlated with this herb are as follows:
- Polyphenols: have anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antimutagenic qualities.
- Caffeine-free: a cup of this herbal tea before going to bed can help you sleep better, by removing caffeine from your diet and improving your stress levels, mood and heart health.
- Hypertension: Rooibos is known to relieve stress, nervous tension and hypertensive conditions such as high blood pressure.
- Bone Health: Red rooibos is rich in calcium, manganese and flouride minerals that assist in maintaining good bone structure and stronger teeth. By increasing the bio-availability of minerals in your system you can reduce your chances of developing conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis and chronic joint pain.
- Cardiovascular Health: Quercetin is another powerful antioxidant found in Rooibos that has been linked to preventing a wide variety of heart conditions.
- Infant Health: Rooibos tea can be useful for small children who suffer from colic or stomach pains.
- Diabetes: Aspalathin is one of the rare antioxidants that are found in rooibos tea, that can help to balance blood sugar, improve insulin resistance and improve the glucose absorption by muscles.
- Skin Care: the alpha hydroxy acid and zinc content of this red herb are very good for skin. Try applying directly to relieve acne, pimples, sunburns or related skin conditions.
- Kidney Stones: people with kidney stones can drink as much red rooibos tea as they want as there is no oxalic acid in this beverage.
- Premature aging: the antioxidants in Rooibos slow down the human aging process and boost the strength of the immune system. Antioxidants seek out the free radicals that damage skin, hair, bones and other organ systems by making them vulnerable to disease and degeneration.
- Cognitive Ability: Rooibos is one of the most potent beverages in terms of antioxidant content. It also has anti-aging effects in terms of cognitive ability, because it reduces the impact of oxidative byproducts in neural pathways, stimulating concentration and focus!
Overall, Red Rooibos herbal tea is an excellent thirst quencher and does wonders for active people like professional athletes and hyperactive children.
Enjoy a cup today!